The City appreciates our social responsibility to contribute to the education and development of the community’s future workforce. One of the ways which we are able to do this is by offering work experience opportunities to eligible applicants across a variety of departments. However, we can only offer student unpaid work experience when you are enrolled in a vocation training program (such as high school, TAFE or University) and it is a requirement of this program to undertake a professional placement.
Are you eligible?
To participate in a work experience program you will need to:
- Be a secondary or tertiary student or be participating in a back to work program
- Be required to complete relevant nominal hours of practical experience as part of your study or program
- Have a specific work area in mind
- Have a specific timeframe you need to be placed for
- Be provided with insurance coverage by your educational institution or your rehabilitation organisation.
What should your application include?
Here is a checklist of what your application should contain:
- Completed Work Experience Application Form
- Current resume
- Cover letter stating the unit/area you would like to complete the work experience and details of your interest in that area
- Course enrolment details outlining the requirement for you to undertake a professional placement
- The dates of your placement
- Contact details of your educational institute (high school, TAFE or University).
How do I Apply?
To register your interest for a work experience placement, email the City with your documents, post to PO Box 101 Geraldton WA 6531, or hand deliver your application to our Geraldton Civic Centre at 63 Cathedral Avenue or to our Mullewa office on the corner of Thomas and Padbury Streets.
For further information, please contact the City's Training and Development Advisor on (08) 9956 6600.