If you are submitting a Petition to the City please use the form provided below and send to City of Greater Geraldton, PO Box 101, Geraldton WA 6531, or email the City. The City will require the hard copy if submitting initially by e-mail.
As per the City's Meeting Procedure Local Law 2011 section 5.10 Petitions:
1. A petition, in order to be effective, is to:
- be addressed to the Mayor or CEO;
- be made by at least 50 electors of the district;
- state the request on each page of the petition;
- contain the names, addresses and signatures of each elector making the request, and the date each elector signed;
- contain a summary of the reasons for the request; and
- state the name of the person upon whom, and an address at which, notice to the petitioners can be given.
2. Upon receiving a petition, the Local Government is to submit the petition to the relevant officer to be included in his or her deliberations and report on the matter that is the subject of the petition, subject to subclause (3)
3. At any meeting, the Council is not to vote on any matter that is the subject of a petition presented to that meeting, unless:
- Is entitled to attend a committee meeting;
- Attends a committee meeting; and
- Is not a member of that committee.