Temporary Foodstalls

If you wish to sell food to the public, whether for a fundraising event or for profit, you must apply for a Foodstall Holder’s Permit from the City of Greater Geraldton’s Environmental Health Department.

To obtain approval for a temporary food stall you are required to notify The City by completing the below application form with the appropriate fee.

View the Notification of a Food Stall application form.

Charities and not for profit organizations are exempt from fees, however are still required to lodge an application with The City. You can apply for either a one off event or a yearly permit which allows you to trade for a 12 month consecutive period.

For information on your requirements to operate your food stall please refer to the Food Standards Australia New Zealand website.

For an example of what a food stall should look like, view the Minimum Standards for the Operation of a Food Stall poster.

What do I need to know to setup a sausage sizzle?

If you are having a sausage sizzle, you still need to comply with Food Standards code and submit an application form to The City to be assessed.

For more information, view the Sausage Sizzles and Barbeques factsheet.

Am I allowed to prepare food at home for a foodstall?

If you prepare any food at home for your foodstall you will need to be registered as permanent premises and must go to the Starting a New Food Premises section on the Food Safety webpage.

View the Food Prepared in Residential Premises factsheet for more information on the requirements of preparing food at home.