Why work for us?
We believe in providing our staff with a rewarding and happy work environment, highlighted by our values – STARS. Here are just a few of the benefits enjoyed by City employees:
The City of Greater Geraldton Enterprise Agreement 2015-18 embraces contemporary workplace issues including empowering employees within their work areas to actively contribute to the operational service delivery, and creating a balanced working environment where productivity gains will underpin organisational development and a performing culture.
Training and Development:
We invest in our employees by providing ongoing training and development opportunities. These could be in the form of on the job training, mentoring, formal education, short courses, seminars and workshops. Financial study assistance is available in some instances, as well as study leave.
Variety of leave entitlements:
- Most positions attract 22 days leave (with leave loading). There is also opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks Annual Leave per annum.
- Long Service Leave is accessible on a pro-rata basis after 5 years’ service.
- Paid maternity leave for eligible employees.
- Community Service leave is available.
- Personal leave which includes sick and carers leave.
- Work Life Balance Initiatives:
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing programs including free flu shots, skin cancer screenings, health and ergonomic assessments.
- Corporate discounts with HBF and HIF.
- Corporate discounts with Snap Fitness and Jetts.
- Flexible working arrangements including part time / job sharing, compressed working weeks, working from home.
- Phased retirement.
- Free Employee Assistance program.
Our staff social clubs encourage employees to have fun together and get to know their colleagues through a variety of fun events, from sundowners to the end of year Christmas party.