Feedback, Complaints and Suggestions

Your feedback is important to us

We value your feedback about our operations and services.  Whether you have a request for action, a compliment or a complaint, we would like to hear from you.  To let us know how we can better service your needs, you can contact us by:

  • Email: the City
  • Telephone: (08) 9956 6600
  • Post Mail to: Chief Executive Officer, City of Greater Geraldton, P O Box 101, Geraldton WA 6531
  • Visit us at: Geraldton Civic Centre at 63 Cathedral Ave, or the Mullewa District Office on Thomas Street.
  • Complete the Customer Feedback Form online or you may prefer to pick up a feedback form from the Regional Library, Marine Terrace, Geraldton or either of our offices in Mullewa or Geraldton.

Customer satisfaction counts

The City will ensure your requests, comments or complaints are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with the Customer Service Charter.  

Making a complaint

We realise that sometimes, despite our best efforts, you may not be happy with the way we have performed a service.  We encourage you to bring your concern to us directly so the matter can be resolved promptly.  A complaint may be received in person, over the phone or in writing including electronic communication.

A complaint is not to be confused with a suggestion, a request for service or a request for information.  For convenience, the following definitions are provided:

  • Complaint - a statement of dissatisfaction by a customer regarding the unsatisfactory delivery of a product or service offered by Council or the unsatisfactory conduct of Council officers
  • Compliment - positive feedback about a product or service
  • Suggestion - suggested service or product improvement
  • Request for information - an enquiry or request for information about Council services, facilities, policies or procedures
  • Request for service - request for action to be taken in relation to a service or product

The City manages all complaints in line with established policies and procedures. Should a complaint be received at the City, the following action will be taken –

  • All complainants will be treated with respect, courtesy and professionalism
  • If the complaint is received by phone or over the counter the officer concerned will take all the details from you at that time. If the matter cannot be resolved at that time, an investigation will be commenced within 5 days. A written response informing you of the decision will be provided to you within 10 days
  • If the complaint is received in writing we will acknowledge your correspondence  within 5 days and provide a written reply informing you of our decision within 10 days
  • Should you still be dissatisfied with the decision you can apply for it to be reviewed internally by a senior internal review officer
  • If the matter cannot be satisfactorily resolved by the internal review officer the customer can request that the matter is passed to the office of the CEO for review
  • Decisions can be appealed via external review by contacting the Office of the Ombudsman of WA.  Various publications on how to make a complaint are available on the Ombudsman website.

Report a Problem - Snap Send Solve

If you have spotted anything around the community such as a faulty street light, vandalism, litter or damaged footpaths, you can report it to the City of Greater Geraldton using the Snap Send Solve app.

Snap Send Solve is a free app for your iPhone or Android device that lets you report issues and provide feedback to the City of Greater Geraldton.

Download the free Snap Send Solve app.

SnapSendSolve image which links to App Store to download the app for your iPhone or Android smartphone