Customer Service Charter
The City's Customer Service Charter states our commitment to provide you with quality services. It is an expression of the standards we have set for ourselves and by which performance can be measured. It also provides our staff with clear standards for which to strive.
This charter is reviewed and adapted to meet the changing needs of our customers.
The City is committed to service delivery excellence and to undertake all our activities in ways which achieve quality, effective and timely service to all our customers every time.
The City works within a framework of five organisational values –
- We will make our customers the focus of everything we do.
- Our service will be fair, flexible, innovative and reliable.
- We will show genuine concern for our customers.
- We will make trust the foundation of all relationships.
- We will rely and depend on each other.
- Our communications will be open and genuine.
- We will honour our commitments.
- We will take responsibility for our own actions.
- We won’t blame others.
- We will treat others like we would like to be treated.
- We will listen before we talk.
- We will seek and value the contributions of others.
- We will be united in our decisions.
- We will be united in our actions.
- Our strength will come from interdependence.
Our Customer Focus
City staff are committed to:
- Respecting the diversity of our community
- Being fair and accountable in our service delivery
- Being transparent in our decision making
- Working with our customers to understand and respond to their needs both now and in the future
- Providing opportunities for community engagement
- Striving for excellence in all that we do
- Focusing our improvement efforts on better service for our customers
Helping us to help you
You can help us to meet our commitments to you by:
- Having a note pad and pen by the phone when you call the City
- Providing accurate and complete details when phoning us with any queries
- Contacting the City to make an appointment if you have a complex enquiry or need to see a specific officer
- Phoning the officer nominated on the correspondence sent to you
Your responsibilities as a customer
When you contact us you can expect to be treated with honesty, fairness, sensitivity and dignity.
In return we expect that you will:
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- Not be abusive on the telephone or over the counter towards our staff
- Refrain from any type of malicious threat towards our staff or any City facility
- Be open and honest in your dealings with us
- Understand that the City of Greater Geraldton and its’ staff may exercise our right not to deal with you should your behaviour and/or actions be unacceptable
- Understand that the City of Greater Geraldton has a responsibility to report all threats, implied or otherwise, direct to the Police Department.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
The City adheres to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 1992. The City's FOI Co-ordinator will deal with all FOI requests in accordance with the Act and will ensure that requests are dealt with in the most timely and cost effective way. Information about how to lodge an FOI request is also available on our Freedom of Information Requests page.
If you are unsure whether you need to lodge an application please contact the city's FOI Co-ordinator on (08) 9956 6600 or email the City.