The City recognises the importance of preserving our local heritage and supports various heritage activities on behalf of residents from a broad geographical area covering the Geraldton, Greenough, Mullewa and Walkaway communities. Heritage Services are based at the Geraldton Regional Library.
Geraldton Town Hall, 1940s. Photo donated to the Geraldton Regional Library by Mr & Mrs Buchan.
Geraldton Civic Centre, 1963. Photo donated to the Geraldton Regional Library by O. C. Burns
Our Heritage services include:
- Assistance with historical reference enquiries and family history research
- Provision of an extensive local history collection, containing books, photographs, maps, journals, serials, assorted ephemera, and access to online family history databases such as Ancestry.com and Find My Past.
- Oral History Mornings
- Heritage Services Bookshop
- Local History Publishing program
- Information / Referral to other City of Greater Geraldton Departments
- Assistance with 'Local Heritage Links' – Heritage Awards, Heritage Advisory Committee, Grants.
For more information, visit the Geraldton Regional Library website, contact the library on (08) 9956 6659 or email the Library.