Australia’s broadband network is here
The nbn™ network is rolling out in the City of Greater Geraldton. It’s now available to residents and businesses in parts of Geraldton and is coming soon to other suburbs.
The nbn™ network is Australia’s new landline phone and internet network, designed to provide you with access to fast and reliable phone and internet services no matter where you live.
The nbn™ network can open up many opportunities for homes and businesses:
- Experience fast downloads, with multiple people and devices operating in the home or business at the same time^
- Smooth video conferencing takes the frustration out of face to face contact with loved ones or work
- Kids can unlock their full potential by having fast access to online educational tools
- Access to a fast connection can help businesses and employees enhance productivity^
nbn will be mailing residents and businesses when you are able to switch to the nbn™ network, with information about what to do next. You can also find out when the nbn™ network is available by checking your address at nbn.com.au or by calling 1800 687 626.
^ Your experience including the speeds actually achieved over the nbn™ network depends on the technology over which services are delivered to your premises and some factors outside nbn’s control like your equipment quality, software broadband plans and how your service provider designs its network.
How to Switch
It’s easy to switch to the nbn™ network:
1. Contact a phone or internet provider
2. Ask about switching your phone or internet to the nbn™ network
3. Choose a plan that best suits your needs
Visit nbn.com.au/switch to see a list of providers in your area.
The nbn™ network is Australia’s exciting new landline phone and internet network. It’s designed to give you access to fast and reliable phone and internet services, no matter where you live.
The nbn™ network is replacing most existing landline phone and internet networks in your area. To keep using affected services, switch them to the nbn™ network before they’re disconnected*.
The following services run over the existing network and will be impacted when the existing network is disconnected:
- Landline phones
- Landline internet
- Medical alarms & emergency call systems
- Monitored security alarms
- EFTPOS & ATMs
- Fax machines and TTY devices
* Services provided over the nbn™ network will be replacing phone and internet services provided over most of the existing landline networks, including copper and the majority of HFC networks within the fixed line footprint. Services provided over existing fibre networks (including in-building, health and education networks) and some special and business services may not be affected. To find out if your services will be affected, please contact your current phone or internet provider. The disconnection date is subject to change. For more information, visit nbn.com.au/switchoff or call 1800 687 626.