Fire and Emergency
The City's Team provides a variety of services aimed at safeguarding our community against fire, by enforcement of numerous Acts of Parliament, Local Laws and regulations.
Fire Services deal with matters such as:
- Fire Control Officers
- Education/Advise regarding to fire preparation
- Fire breaks and fire hazards inspections
- Fire permits
- Inspections for Prior to burns
- Burning periods and times and Bans
- Movement and Harvest bans (Not Total Fire Bans)
- Responding to fires outside Fire Gazetted District
- Manage City of Greater Geraldton Bush Fire Brigades including Mullewa.
- Recruitment of Volunteers for Brigades
- Manage Council land as to fire hazards
- Planning consideration as to bush fire
Hours of Service
8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
If you require the services of a City Fire Officer, contact the City on 9956 6600.
Useful Fire Information
View the Geraldton Fire Break Notice 2016-2017
View the Harvest Movement Ban SMS Form.