Your Council About Council Vision, Mission and Values
A creative city-region which has a prosperous, diverse and sustainable community within an attractive Western Australian setting
In working towards this Vision, the City of Greater Geraldton will:
Leverage our resources to provide a positive lasting legacy for all members of our community
- Be recognised as a powerhouse of the new economy, a community which people recognise for its vibrancy and amazing transformation. It will be a preferred choice to live, work and play.
- By 2021, have the capacity to sustain a population of 80,000 to 100,000 people. It will be the focal point for an active and vibrant region containing significant district centres to the north, south and the hinterland.
- By 2050, be Western Australia’s primary regional city and a centre of global significance
A leading organisation that works in partnership with the community, industry and government to plan and provide quality services and infrastructure in a sustainable environment
- We will make our customers the focus of everything we do.
- Our service will be fair, flexible, innovative and reliable.
- We will show genuine concern for our customers.
- We will make trust the foundation of all relationships.
- We will rely and depend on each other.
- Our communications will be open and genuine.
- We will honour our commitments.
- We will take responsibility for our own actions.
- We won’t blame others.
- We will treat others like we would like to be treated.
- We will listen before we talk.
- We will seek and value the contributions of others.
- We will be united in our decisions.
- We will be united in our actions.
- Our strength will come from interdependence.