General Waste Wheelie Bin Collection
Please observe these requirements to assist with your waste collection:
- Bins must be placed on verge prior to 6.00am on your collection day
- Leave a half metre gap between bins or obstacles
- Do not place rubbish beside or on top of the bin,
- Do not overload the bin (maximum 70kg)
- No paint, chemicals, liquids, car batteries or motor oil
- Remove the bin from the nature strip as soon as possible after collection
- The bins are for domestic waste only such as food scraps and non recyclable items
- Do not put bricks, heavy timber or steel in the bin – these materials can damage the collection equipment and your bins.
A vergeside collection for unwanted bulky items such as old furniture, whitegoods and green waste is provided once per year, normally around May or June.
The service is available for all residential properties with a wheelie bin collection.
Information regarding dates and items that can and cannot be collected will be advertised in the local newspaper and on the City website closer to the event.
Where to take your waste
Zoom in on the map using your address in the boxes below to find out when your rubbish collection day is and your nearest recycling locations.